Letters and Fetters

Letters and Fetters

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Back to Google Reader


I've been doing a little more exploring of Google Reader. What a great resource. I decided to search for my dad, Ric Hugo, who was an illustrator and cartoonist. For many years, a Google search turned up almost nothing, but as books and journals become digitized, older works become available and I was able to find several items in which he was mentioned.


I also began reading some works by Washington Irving on Christmas that were great, something I probably would not have checked out at the library, sad to say, but which were great reading at my table with a cup of coffee. Irving was waxing nostalgic on the way Christmas had been kept in the past and critiquing the "modern" changes with the holiday, and this was back in the mid 1800s!

No comments:

Blog Archive