Letters and Fetters

Letters and Fetters

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Change of direction


Now that the Library class is finished, I hope to slightly change the direction of this blog from library-related topics to more general ones. Since visitors have been scarce, I think I can afford to do this.

I am enjoying work at the library, the people, the atmosphere, the challenge. Today, some international students needed help first finding a video on Darwin and the human genome project. They wanted videos. The one who first came had never used the catalog, so I helped him discover the wonders of the catalog.

Then we found some videos on his topics, then a room to watch the videos in. One of the student workers directed him to the room.

Then, there was trouble with the video and I went to see if I could help.

Thank goodness for our funky Commodore 64 monitor/video machine set up at home. I am always plugging cords in and out with av output and input mixups, so I am familiar with how do mess around in the backs of monitors and machines. I was able to disconnect an audio cord from a video jack and get it in the right place. Victory!

Here I was going to veer away from library topics and I'm talking about the library. C'est la vie!

No comments:

Blog Archive

There was an error in this gadget

What Word? Game

The Daily Macro Photo

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget

Hangman

There was an error in this gadget