Letters and Fetters

Letters and Fetters

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Preserving Summer Color

It is supposed to freeze tonight, and that means I had only today to gather all the remaining crops from the garden.



But as I was doing that, I saw that all my lovely summer flowers were going to be lost. The golds and pinks, the violets and reds would all fall and fade -- then be buried in white in just a short time.

I hate seeing color vanish.

So, I decided I'd save summer.

First, I picked the remaining flowers and some leaves as well. I piled the ones I wanted onto the table.

Then, I placed a linen dishtowel on the table and brought out the iron and waxed paper.


I sprinkled petals, leaves, buds and crayon shavings onto the waxed paper, covered it with another sheet of waxed paper and another linen dish towel.

I set the iron on a medium low setting and pressed.


It took about five minutes of carefully moving up and down, then around and around, until the sheet was flat.


After this, I cut off a few strips and cut again to make card-sized sheets.


I made three large sheets which will become probably 40 or so card-size panels.

They can be very versatile.

The first thing I wanted to do was make a window card, but they can also be embossed or cut with dies.

Here is a finished project.

I am new to clear stamps and did not do a very good job with the sentiment, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Blog Archive

There was an error in this gadget

What Word? Game

The Daily Macro Photo

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget

Hangman

There was an error in this gadget