Letters and Fetters

Letters and Fetters

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Good to be home

I like to say how much I hate South Dakota weather sometimes, but I realized, maybe for the first time, that South Dakota is really home now. Even its weather is my weather. I watched on mom's TV the news of the Christmas blizzard as it hit South Dakota, and I felt -- LEFT OUT!
California in December is drizzle and rain, fog and cold. It's a damp cold. I'd rather be outside on a sunny, 10 above day in South Dakota than out on a damp, drizzly 50 degree day in Sacramento.
I looked on Facebook and saw all the excitement and fake chagrin as every South Dakota contact energized their households to face the snow. And I missed it all.

Now that I've been through Blizzard #2, complete with snow day and half snow day, I can say. I'm a true blue South Dakotan. I even like being one. Do I like the cold? No! But it's part of me and always will be.

No comments:

Blog Archive

There was an error in this gadget

What Word? Game

The Daily Macro Photo

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget

Hangman

There was an error in this gadget