Letters and Fetters

Letters and Fetters

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mom turns 80

My mom has always been young. Her mom, my grandma, always worked hard to look young and she was pretty successful, but Mom has never had to work at it. When we cruised to the Bahamas a couple years ago, Mom kept up with all the other tourists while riding a Segway. Her face is young, her movements are young. Her smile is young.


I hope that as I age, I can somehow catch whatever it is that keeps mom moving and smiling and thinking with ease.

We managed to throw together a party for mom last month, and many of her bridge friends and neighbors came, even though it was right around Christmas time, the busiest time of year for many people. Mom has a lot of great friends. Though some weren't able to come, many did, and it turned out great.


Waiting to see what the next 80 will bring.

No comments:

Blog Archive